Business & Corporate Counsel
Whether you’re a family-owned business, an international corporation, or something in between, we are available to help you plan ahead for the risks inherent in your business operations. With more than 34 years’ experience, we proudly serve the broad and diverse business sector of the Upper Valley region in the following areas:
- Business expansion
- Commercial banking and finance matters
- Partnership agreements
- Entity selection and business formation
- Equipment leases
- Buying or selling a business
- Real estate transactions
- Vendor or customer contracts
Of course, we are happy to offer these services a la carte and on an as-needed basis, however, there may be a smarter way to protect your business:
My Outside General Counsel
As Ben Franklin very wisely put it:
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Matt Donahue is a firm believer in this tenet and it is the core premise of My Outside General Counsel (MOGC: pronounced “MAHK-see”). MOGC is a unique fixed-fee, subscription-based legal service that allows businesses to benefit from the ongoing advice and counsel of a dedicated attorney who really understands the ins and outs of their specific business. It offers your small- to mid-sized business all the advantages of having your own in-house attorney without the associated price tag.
This trusted resource is available to you anytime you need to pick up the phone and talk to an attorney, without worrying about fees. Depending on the level of your subscription, your attorney is available to:
- answer any and all legal questions as they arise
- review and draft contracts and agreements
- discuss potential opportunities and how best to take advantage of them
- evaluate new business strategies or direction
- attend Board meetings
- identify and address small issues before they become big problems, and
- help mitigate personal liability
- and more…
… all at a fixed monthly cost and no ticking clock. It is a complete legal solution for small to medium sized businesses.
Having counsel ready to address your concerns is crucial and can even be affordable. Starting at just $399/month, MOGC offers four tiers of legal services so businesses can choose a package that’s right for them.
How it Works
Matt Donahue of Donahue Law Offices, also MOGC’s Managing Partner, is responsible for coordinating your MOGC legal services wherever they may be required. We begin by hand-selecting the attorney who best fits your specific legal or business needs, either from our firm or from our network of trusted member firms, with all of which we have personal, ongoing relationships. From the beginning, you will have a dedicated MOGC attorney who develops a deep, holistic understanding of your business, as well as your personal style and preferences. In addition, Matt will remain your overall point of contact whenever necessary. It is this personal commitment to you and your business that sets MOGC apart.
- Unlimited Access: Schedule a phone or video meeting with your lawyer anytime you need advice.
- Predictable Pricing: Fixed monthly costs and no meter running means no anxiety around unpredictable and potentially large legal bills.
- Legal and Business Advice: Rely on MOGC for both legal advice and strategic business guidance, as required.
- Broad Experience: MOGC is backed by a team of experienced business lawyers with expertise in all the areas of law small businesses need so we can put the right lawyer to work on your behalf.
- Affordable Cost: Bring a lawyer onto your team without the price tag of hiring in-house counsel.
- Personal Attention: As part of our ongoing relationship, your dedicated MOGC attorney will truly get to know you and your business.
Learn more about fixed-fee subscription-based legal services on the My Outside General Counsel website.
For firms wishing to join the MOGC Network, please read more about how to become a member firm.